Week 6 GDG Assignment
We would like you to complete the following free mini-course from Googles Digital Garage on Expand a Business to other countries. The course has one module and should take around an hour when you have completed the lessons, screenshot or download your badge or certificate as part of your evidence.
Week 6 DMS Assignment
Using the skills and knowledge from this week’s web-building sessions we would like you to analyse a website home page.
Choose any site you want, it can be your own if you have one. Just make sure you include the URL in your submission.
We want you to look at the list of considerations, and mark each on a scale of 1-10. 1 being poor and 10 being excellent.
We would like to see suggestions of how you would improve the page, elements you like and dislike and what could be done to improve the page overall.
Run the site through PageSpeed Insights https://pagespeed.web.dev and screenshot the scores for mobile and desktop.
- The audience for the site – is it suitable for the target audience?
- Identify two tasks that a user is likely to complete – fill out a form, read more etc
- The usability of the navigation and search
- The visual interest of the overall page – typography, colour, amount of text/images
- Readability and understandability of the text
- The appropriateness of the site to the business
- How responsive is the site
- Suggestions to improve the site
What we want to see:
An in-depth analysis of the page supplied using the considerations above.
At least one suggestion for how to improve each element in the PageSpeed results
There is no set worksheet for this task, upload your various versions in Word or Notepad or use screenshots with the annotations for us to review using the file uploader below.